Mac Zen is looking for a contract Operations Manager. The position requires a self-starter, big picture thinker with a proven background in creating, implementing and delegating. The candidate will articulate and manage the execution of a plan to launch the next phase of our residential and corporate offerings.
Mac Zen Consulting—a growing Victoria IT group which services business and residential clients with courteous, engaged and trustworthy tech support—is looking for a contract Operations Manager. The position requires a self-starter, big picture thinker with a proven background in creating, implementing and delegating. The candidate will articulate and manage the execution of a plan to launch the next phase of our residential and corporate offerings.
This is a contract position culminating in the re-launch of Mac Zen website by September 15th.
- Outline plan, milestones, and available resources
- Define automated processes and workflows that engender consistent customer experience
- Assist in identifying and documenting key sales, project execution, and administration cycles for the company to adopt and adhere to
- Review cyclical processes within the NEW workflow (sales cycles, workflow logic) for performance and adoption
- Clearly communicate cycles, deadlines, and milestones to the team and ensure individual team members are aware of their tasks and timelines
- Collaborate with team members with regard to workflows, capture all the processes in detail, and create documentation to support that end
What qualities should a candidate exhibit?
- Enthusiastic, optimistic, self-starter with experience articulating a team’s vision.
- A passion for details—you recognize that while 90% gets the work done, the last 10% will inspire others on the team, and lead to outstanding experiences for our clients
- Able to view a project on a macro level and enjoy breaking it down into smaller parts
- An eye for cyclical patterns, and enjoyment in documenting them for a team to recursively follow and improve alongside
- You are a great communicator—you get excited forging new relationships and bonds with the people you work with, encourage them to stay the project path, and focus on the goal
- Resilient—you have a persistence to see something through, and reach out to your colleagues for clarification and support easily and early
- Recognize that beyond stewardship of the plan, you keep pace for the team in completing the project—you can see how people’s skills and focus impact the timeline, and can provide guidance and support to keep them on track
- You have a natural understanding of how computing works—you are able to understand workflows between various modes of computing such as mobile, desktop and the web
- You understand how various corporate departments interact and support each other to create a productive organization
Required Understanding of Operating Systems:
Intermediate macOS and iOS are compulsory.
Software and Service Requirements Not in Order of Importance:
Office Suite of Software—Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook/Mac Mail, comfort with various collaboration tools such as video conferencing, whiteboarding, outlining tools, Gantt timelines. Fundamental understanding of the technology necessary to create and automate sales and service cycles.
The perfect addition to our team appreciates that there is a larger plan at play, values the opportunity to grow alongside other team-members, and recognizes that their efforts will lead to greater resources available to fund the next phase of our development, beyond this initial contract.