COVID-19 in BC Service Update — August 22nd, 2020
Please read through carefully, this notice has recently changed.
Providing technical support to residential and commercial clients is inherently requires contact with keyboards, mice, phones, tablets, and many other surfaces. In the course of a full day of location-to-location visits, we are concerned that there is an heightened risk of becoming an inadvertent carrier—particularly with COVID-19’s extended incubation period.
As such, we are be limiting onsite support to commercial clients, and residential requests that are impossible to perform remotely. If a support call can be made using our TeamViewer Quick Support screen sharing software, this will be our recommended approach. Over the coming months we are working to bring you more options for remote support, including providing screen-shared remote support for iPhones and iPads.
We are currently taking residential on-site support bookings where absolutely required. Please call or fill out our contact form to request a booking.
Due to the recent uptick in cases in BC and the island, and as we head into fall, our current on-site protocols are as follows. To ensure your safety, and to avoid passing on even non COVID-19 related symptoms from colds and flus (which may trigger a COVID-19 test and cancellations to many other clients), for all on-sites please:
- Notify us immediately if you or anyone in your family is exhibiting even minor symptoms as outlined in the BC government's health guidelines. We will happily reschedule once you are clear, and will not incur any charges as a result of cancellation
- Note that we will adhere by these guidelines as well. In the event that either Aitan or Gerry exhibit any symptoms, we will be cancelling and rescheduling to a time when we are cleared to continue
- Ensure you have a mask to wear. We will being wearing masks and gloves
- Observe physical distancing of 6-feet wherever possible in your home.
- Prepare your passcodes and passwords for your devices on a piece of paper for us ahead of time. To reduce passing on infections, we would like to limit the backwards and forwards passing of devices for unlocking during our sessions.
Our remote services are ideal for:
- Troubleshooting email and cloud service issues (synching, etc.)
- Testing for and removing malware and adware
- Assisting with remote working setups
- Learning and software support.
For more information on how we can support you remotely, see our "we support you anywhere" page.
If you have special needs or concerns, please take the time to discuss with us what precautions should be taken to limit contact and exposure. As mentioned above, if you are in any way sick, please note that we will be unable to provide on-site support, but will do our utmost to find a safe solution for your protection, and for the protection of others.